First Unitarian Church of Cincinnati Congregational Covenant
I commit to build our Beloved Community –
- To hold myself accountable to the values of Unitarian Universalism,
- To love and respect all creation,
- To listen with an open mind, and work for justice and inclusion,
- To have courage to change,
- To accept the rights and responsibilities of myself and others,
- I humbly covenant with you so that together we can do what I cannot do alone.
Living Our Covenant
- Be courteous and respectful to all – those in leadership positions, fellow members, visitors, and staff.
- Participate in the life of the church where and when possible.
- Seek accurate information.
- Listen to and acknowledge all perspectives with the goal of understanding.
- Resolve conflicts at the lowest level.
- Make room for “oopses” and “ouches.” (“Ouch, you’ve said/done something hurtful although you might not have realized it.” “Oops, I want to repair something I said/did that I’ve realized might have a hurtful impact even though I never intended that.”)
- Forgive yourself and others. Make amends.
- Accept and follow church Bylaws created by Congregational vote and policies and procedures established by the Board.