In the UU-verse
News and happenings in the broader Unitarian Universalist community.
- Connie Simon: When someone lists Unitarians or Universalists, they usually name white men. Never anyone Black like me.
- Bev Spears: From the beginning, the story of Black people in America has been told through the lens of white supremacy.
- UUA Administration: The UUA reiterates its condemnation of the Israeli military’s ongoing violence against Gaza and joins with voices across the globe urging and immediate and total ceasefire, the provision of humanitarian aid, and the safe return of all hostages and prisoners.
- Anne Griffiths: Scorekeeping is about who hurts whom more. In the long-term, no one wins.
- Staff Writer: Rev. Dr. Sheri Prud’homme has provided a theological analysis of the proposed revision to Article II. Here are nine quotes from her essay to get the conversation started.
- Takiyah Nur Amin: If you’re seeking sacred Black “text” in our tradition, you have to examine the way our Black ancestors lived.
- Side with Love 30 Days of Love: Unitarian Universalists empower democracy and promote electoral justice with UU the VoteStaff Writer: For the fourth and final week of the Side With Love campaign, the theme is Resilience, and the focus is on Democracy and Electoral Justice.
- Amanda Poppei: Remind me that success is not the only measure of a life.
- The UUA announces the appointment of the Rev. Ashley Horan to the newly-created executive role of Vice President for Programs and Ministries. In this role, Rev. Horan will take on supervision of the Ministries and Faith Development, Congregational Life, and Organizing Strategy staff teams.
- Aaron Stockwell Wisman: May the words that I speak remind others that they are beloved.