Our Mission & Vision
Celebrate Our Community
- Nurture a caring and welcoming community.
- Seek more diversity and expect every church committee to promote inclusion.
- Empower congregants to make a difference in the life of the church.
- Explore weeknight activities that build community and facilitate committee work.
- Encourage all congregants to participate actively in membership growth.
- Put into place an ongoing communications strategy for membership growth.
- Build and maintain warm cooperative relationships with Unitarian Universalist churches locally, regionally, and continentally.
Seek Our Spiritual and Ethical Paths
- Reach out to persons looking for a religious community like ours.
- Encourage congregants to be open to ideas and philosophies different from their own.
- Provide high-quality religious/ethical education for children, youth and adults in the congregation and the community.
- Renovate our building so that it enhances our worship, honors our history, and welcomes all.
- Enrich our own spiritual experience with a diversified arts program.
Work for Justice
- Explore the responsibilities of being an urban Unitarian Universalist church in the 21st century.
- Focus on social justice programs where we can be most effective.
- Live in harmony with nature, recognizing the interconnectedness of all life.