Welcome to Family Programming at First Unitarian Church of Cincinnati!
If you are new to First Church, I want to extend an extra special welcome. Family and Children’s Programming at First Church, what some other congregations might refer to as Religious Education, is markedly different from what you’ll find at some other UU congregations because our focus is on the family, not just the child. We understand your life is busy. We understand that, at times, you feel overburdened with the work of raising a family. But, we also understand that you are your child’s greatest teacher. While we might have only 40 hours in a given year to influence your child, you, as their parent, have over 3,000 hours. Therefore, we are committed to partnering with you, to offer programming that not only fits into your busy schedule but that eases your burden as well.
If you would like to learn more about Family Programming's philosophy and policies, make sure to check out our overview. To learn more about our programming, including your child's curriculum for the year, be sure to take a look at our prospectus. Below, you will find a description of what your child will be learning, and doing, this coming Sunday, as well as a list of upcoming events and opportunities.
- Meredith Plummer, Director of Family Programming
This Sunday, May 26th
- PreK - 5th Grade: Unbirthday Party on the Playground - Today, we will close out the unofficial church year with cupcakes and party games. If your child has a food allergy we should be aware of, please let me know ASAP, so we can take appropriate precautions.
- Jr. High and Sr. High: Planning - Today, with the help of the Sr. High, the Jr. High youth will plan for their youth service on June 16th.
Upcoming OpportunitiesRites of Passage Ceremonies
At the end of the year we take some time to celebrate those students who have mastered one core truth, and will be bridging to the next class come fall. Dates below...
- 12th Grade - April 28
- 2 Year Olds - May 5
- Kindergartners - May 12
- 3rd Graders - May 19
- 5th Graders - June 9
- 8th Graders - June 16
Join us off site on June 16th for a potluck picnic and a little fun in the sun. The youth will lead us in a moving worship before we chow down. Location and time to be announced.
Summer Camp Announcement
Learn to be a pirate, hard as a callous,
Inspire in others fear and malice.
But be not mean,
Work as a team,
Then you will find the Crystal Chalice.
Members are eligible for the following scholarships:
- Volunteer for before or after care twice, get $20 off.
- Volunteer for before or after care 3 times, get $35 off.
- Volunteer for before or after care 4 times, get $50 off.
- Volunteer to be a camp counselor, your children can attend for free.